Skincare Tips and Hints
Dehydrated and dry skin is a very common condition. If you work or live in conditions where the environment can be drying, central heating or air conditioning for example can be as bad as harsh weather, you will be familiar with the taut and uncomfortable feeling of dry skin. Skin can also be affected by allergies, exposure to chemicals, and plain simple ageing. It is a hard working organ, and maintaining hydration and protecting skin is important.
Easy and straightforward advice
- Vegetable and plant waxes and oils are important ingredients for an effective moisturizing cream. They help the skin feel supple and smooth, relieving the pain and discomfort of dry, even cracked skin. Plainordinary Balm is highly effective in relieving parched skin, wherever it is needed. It has extraordinary moisturizing and soothing qualities, and is one balm that is hard to beat. It contains no irritants and can be used safely, even on babies.
- Our Extraordinary Day Cream is an emulsion that should be used daily, to protect the skin against inflammation, irritation and the effects of time and stress. It is hypoallergenic and can be used on the most sensitive skin, even if you have eczema.
- • If you are exposed to the sun, the Extraordinary Day Cream with SPF is the best choice. Both creams contain low allergen anti oxidants and anti inflammatories, Green Rooibos extract and Aloe Vera from South Africa, Co-enzyme Q10, MSM, and natural healthy grape seed oil, olive oil and shea butter for extra hydration and moisturizing action. The added SPF has cinnamates in it, and a small number of people may be sensitive to these, but the protection from the effects of UVA and UVB light makes it a safe bet to protect your skin from premature ageing.
- At the end of the day, Extraordinary Night Cream is recommended to give your skin a deep and rich moisturizing boost. The natural anti inflammatory and anti oxidant activity of olive oil and grapeseed oil is enhanced by the addition of evening primrose oil, and avocado oil is added to the shea butter. It is rich but not greasy, and safely goes to work at night while you sleep, repairing and soothing your skin. Use it every night to smooth away fine lines, and keep your skin in great condition.
- Dry skin around your eyes? Our eye gel was formulated with the help of one of the world's top opthalmic surgeons.
- Moisturising Balm is simply the BEST moisturiser available. Non-greasy, and sinking in in seconds it leaves all skin softer and smoother.
- Looking for a great cleanser and exfoliator combination? Look no further for simply effective care - no matter how sensitive your skin. Our Cleanser is simply the kindest available for you. Alkways use on delicate facial skin.
- Use our wonderful natural Exfoliator to polish and buff your skin to a healthy tone. Frequency of use? Well, this depends on you personally - we suggest weekly for the most sensitive skin types.
- We are often asked about toners. These usually contain solvents and detergents - and strip the waxes and oils from your skin. we would suggest these are avoided!
- Eating a diet rich in fish or taking a fish oil supplement will ensure your body is getting the good fats it needs and in turn can help ease dry skin.
- Eating healthy foods, rich in natural minerals and healthy oils such as fish oils and natural plant oils, is essential to all round vitality. Avoiding excessively rich and fatty foods, fast foods and too much alcohol is obvious. Smoking is a known major contributor to premature ageing. Sensible nutritional and lifestyle advice is important for your whole body, and that includes your skin – your largest organ. Anything that is bad for your health is bad for your skin.
- Keep hydrated, by drinking sensible amounts of fluids.
- Avoid using very hot water when taking a shower or bathing, as this may further irritate dry skin.
- Avoid exposing your skin to strong detergents of any kind.
- Treat your skin well to maintain a healthy radiance.