From time to time everyone can suffer with dry skin, especially if they work in a dehydrating environment or have been exposed to the elements. Although a common skin condition, dry skin can feel tight, uncomfortable and even painful for the sufferer. Special moisturisers for dry and sensitive skin are really important. The key to lasting improvement in the condition is simple:
Our skincare advice is simple
- Use a rich moisturiser made with natural plant oils twice a day (adding a little extra when needed) to keep skin feeling comfortable and soft. Use Plainordinary when your skin needs pampering – when it’s dry, whether in patches or more widely. Plainordinary is simply the best moisturizer you will find anywhere.
- Extraordinary Day Creams contain hypoallergenic ingredients that help smooth the skin. This includes natural herbal anti oxidants Green Rooibos and Grapeseed oil, with Olive oil and Shea butter for exceptional moisturising performance. Co Enzyme Q10 provides further protection against free radical skin damage and helps keeps the skin radiant and fresh.
- When the day is over use our Extraordinary Night Cream - a deeply nurturing emulsion with intense moisturizing activity, enhancing the skin’s sleep-time repair mechanisms. Rich in anti-oxidants, which work by helping repair the elasticityand tone of the skin. Added highly moisturizing avocado and evening primrose oil. Apply to face and hands after washing at night. Leave on until morning for maximum benefit.
- Rich in naturally occurring non-allergenic ingredients that help soften and smooth the skin. Our Extraordinary Daily Moisturizer with SPF includes green rooibos, grapeseed oil, olive oil and shea butter for exceptional moisturizing and anti- oxidant performance. Co enzyme Q10 provides further anti-oxidant protectionand anti-inflammatory performance. The product contains cinamates – which sometimes sensitise – but remain the sun screen of choice for the simple effectiveness in protecting against the effect of UVa and UVb. Apply daily to face and hands. Regular use softens the skin and reduces fine lines.
- Eating a diet rich in fish or taking a fish oil supplement will ensure your body is getting the good fats it needs and in turn can help ease dry skin.
- If you spend a lot of time in a dehydrating environment, such as an air- conditioned or heated office or on an aircraft, make sure you drink lots of water to stay hydrated. It may also help to keep bowls of water on your desk or in your bedroom at night, or buy a small humidifier, to ensure the air is moist rather than dry.
- Avoid using very hot water when showering or bathing, as this can further aggravate dry skin.